The solution to re-peg Vai is coming

so almost 50% of minted VAIs belong to this adress?

hope owner pays the loan back soon

27,280,524.89 VAI is what they have minted

$30,003,456.24 is what they have locked in the vault.

Paying back the debt would help staking rewards, but since all the debt is locked in the vault it would do nothing for the peg. Maybe a 6-7% interest rate would tempt more people into staking however.

• that extra $3 mill is not available to others who may need/want it back.
1 Like

a little more than 48 hours and we are waiting for 3 freaking months…
Amazing.
Must be rocket science. Has to be…
And this is just 3 months after the announcement.

1 Like

it seems that the team has partially abandoned this project … everyday they are less active communicating the news and Venus’ roadmap is always delayed… it’s sad but I still have some hope

1 Like

The weekly updates I understand that for Danny should take some minutes to prepare it and it may be boring for him , however they should understand that these updates are very useful for the community and gives us confidence … those as us that are not insiders we need a source where we can be updated every week with all news and changes

@Danny

what a whale :whale2: :whale: !

Regarding staking APY , we aware that many users are asking in Telegram to reduce XVS Daily Emission for VAI stakers … and seems that admins agree with this reduction

1 Like

Seriously… VAI is already the lowest yielding stablecoin of the BSC, with the less options to invest. Harvest.finance no longer support it, CREAM liquidity is negligible and Acryptos incentives are lower than the fees. The current yield is already a few cents to the 1000 VAI, why bother lowering it more?

1 Like

I know right it’s not like this has been done before or anything.

1 Like

BNB and BTC are still yielding 1500 XVS a day.

Other stable coins are yielding 625 + additional lending yields.

VAI just has 250 rewards and no yield curve.

Until these are at or near the same level as VAI what is there to talk about?

Probably should start by cutting some of these in 1/2

1500 - 750 - 375

625 - 312.5 (once they are near these levels then maybe VAI is due for a reduction.)

I think it is a pity the peg issue has yet to be resolved. Why focus on other things if you do not have your core products working? Expanding does not make any sense when people cannot place trust in your products…

4 Likes

let’s see what they tell about the stability peg in today’s AMA … starting in 1h

seeing some VAI buying pressure right now in Binance

They replied my question :rofl:

Within a few weeks

2 Likes

VAI Credit card in development

1 Like

Loving you bro :heart:, for people who don’t go in such channels (due to scammers, fake DM etc.) this is very useful. And you even asked the good questions.

In the defense of Venus, I don’t think VAI should be burnt unless bad debt had been left over, like those orphan bitcoins due to the XVS price attack. There were non-pegged VAI in early 2021 but Swipe bought them back, according to Joselito.
VAI peg should be achieved through the stability fee, very much like DAI. Once again, VAI is the Venus DAI, and DAI peg works for years, so let’s just do the same.

2 Likes

Hopefully just in time for Christmas then :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Something to think about…

One address has minted 40% of the total VAI. They control another $3 million which they didn’t mint 10% of the outstanding supply.

One address has 500k which looks they acquired in the market. (6th biggest holder)

This address has 0x14c32a94d825b0fbfc1a7024282f6bcaaa3082d1 250k

This one 275k 0xb8a2cd76de3c15831842ff79124d2c80ba568970

This one 174k 0x19877db261ad114543a97864a32519d395d50d1d

0x1b82850e491e6176170b32ec3f29af48eb2fe372 160k (130k VAI in address 32k in Vault)

This is just from looking at the big non contract holders of VAI all the addresses I found where either non minters or minted but have already paid back the mint, no address had a deficit of VAI all where in surplus.

3 Likes

these wallets mentioned are only non staked right? cos I have more vai than some of these wallets and you didn’t mention my wallet, however 100% of my vai are in the vault

1 Like

Correct.

it is slightly harder to find staked wallets then I need to verify if they have bought the coins or if they have minted themselves and transferred to a separate address.

0x7ed4f74e6897038105f148f6e4d56181710ba917 Looks interesting 655k in vault no mint +33k outside vault.

It’s actually pretty hard to find an address that has minted VAI, when they have minted they usually hold more VAI than they minted.

0x0c0b1eb2e186f528fc7eade2ec0896ebd69033b2 800k no mint need to verify these however.

0xc92794dbb9C9D15740dFE5d0eba4429233F01786 :partying_face: First address I have found that is a dumper of VAI. (only 50k)

I’m actually not sure how reliable https://www.yieldwatch.net/ is as I’m having connection issues.

1 Like

It would be ideal that within the protocol there would be a classification of purses that have more vai and xvs, as long as there is no clear transparency of the project, I think it will tend to 0.

Several significant VAI liquidations today, enough to drive the price up.
13K VAI
21K VAI
19K VAI
11K VAI

Note how they are all done with PancakeV2 only, no price optimization. Sure, when you get 10% free you won’t chase after an extra 0.5% …

2 Likes

yeah… nice, recovering very slowly…

I read in the telegram chat that in Github you can see the progress of the stability fee development… do you guys know how to check it? They told is already in the last step before launch, in about 2/3 weeks should be launched … I suppose that when it is launched peg will be reached almost instantly… what do you think? or it could take time if they enable minting again?