Proposal: XVS Emission Reduction

I really like it! Emission reduction should help us to growth in the future also if we reduce emission it means that XVS rewards for Venus market will be extended by several years.

1 Like

This initiative of the protocol in the reduction and reinvestment of XVS is quite strategic.
Showing each day more attractive to investors and maintaining competitive APY within the market. and if we add to this other positive aspects that also come as
The Team Operations and Marketing portfolios will all be on-chain in the coming weeks and Messari where it will produce quarterly reports including all balances.
Well, I’m 100% for it. The future of DEFI - The future of Venus

1 Like

Nice to read, bu that’s yet-yet-another new topic planned before the VAI fee. Is this that hard to setup the VAI fee? It’s postponned for 20 months!

Or do like HUSD, give up, rebuy the VAI at 1:1 and close the topic.

1 Like

This is counter productive. Improving XVS vault rates INCREASES emissions. I dont think a lot of you who are championing this understand its impacts. Smart money understands an unsustainable APY only lowers coin price. So you may think you are getting some interest on your XVS but the price of XVS will offset this. This is why you dont see ANY other protocol offering over 3-5% in a bear market. XVS offering 30% is one of the reasons why its price is down 97%.

2 Likes

But what’s the point to offer 0.6% p.a. for an USD stablecoin, when USD has 10% inflation and banks offer 2%+ p.a. after tax with a risk of absolutly zero? Stablecoin staking should be high-risk high reward. With an apy <1% it will be far more risky than any Bank saving account with a lame yield.

Thanks for this proposal, it’s definitely an important step for making Venus the Future of DeFi. It shows the hard work of the team and its concern about the scalability of the project and the rewards for Venus users and XVS holders. Looking forward to voting for it.

Your answer is more of the reaction. The solution is for the protocol to offer more features and innovation to make it worth the user to pay a higher cost to use the platform, which then in turn rewards the supplier.

By just arbitrarily setting pricing without demand, causes the situation the protocol is in now. IE this is why then changed to jump rates. Supply/Demand.

This will help on the long term sustainability of XVS and I have no doubts will boost APY and Price thanks to Prime Token. Let´s go for it ASAP!! :smiley:

It’s a very important proposal. Let’s make it possible :muscle:

totally agreed on Jmn’s view

Now we need to understand the customer.

Banks have customers who want FDIC and low risk. This is not what the crypto space offers.

Crypto defi lenders are mainly made up of traders, exchange players and large money funds. These borrowers do not care as much about nibbling on a rate when you can borrow largr amounts of non kyc collateral within seconds.

I agree in theory stablecoin staking should be higher than banks, but it all depends on demand. If there is plenty of demand for FDIC insured 2% but zero demand for defi borrowing, the demand is not there, and suppliers will not earn large Apy.

BUT if you look at historic stablecoin lending rates, the more along a bull run we are the higher rates go. At some points in 2020 stable providers were getting 30%. Again it has to all be supply and demand based.

2 Likes

issuance reduction is a smart move before launching a new tokenomics. I look forward to tasty interest on boost

Whatever is needed to finally introduce the VAI stability fee, so I am able to trade my VAI at nearly 1:1

2 Likes

I understand your point of view and I expected this kind of answer, but I don’t propose this without knowing about inflation, prefer invest in XVS instead of a fixed term in dollars (not to mention Latin American currencies).

The first point would be that higher distribution in the vault would not mean higher inflation since the maximum number of tokens would remain the same, higher distribution does not mean higher issuance.

More distribution in the vault means more tokens on the market? yes, but the distribution cut in the lending protocol proposed here is already removing tokens from the market in the future from investors who most likely do not stake their XVS in the vault but rather sell them quickly to the market. I do not propose to pour those tokens directly into the rewards of the vault, but to progressively pour a little more rewards so that new and small investors/users see an appreciation effort trying to pay them better and better rates for being part of the protocol. That will generate a genuine positive feedback that means bringing new users to the project and retaining those who are already inside.

Final point, the depreciation was mainly due to the market cycle, this next bull market will prove it. It wasn’t the fault of the issuance or distribution of tokens. And so that volatile jumps of 97% do not happen again, I believe that it is better to attract genuine and massive capital with serious and tempting proposals than to attract speculative capital with castles in the air. Who do you think will value the project more?

1 Like

This is an amazing news that’ll surely benefit all XVS holders. Great work, team.

1 Like

I am staking all my XVS in the vault. :sparkling_heart: :partying_face:

Xvs emissions should be distributed in the most accurate way. This suggestion will be very helpful. :clap:

Another step in the right direction.
Lowering emissions of XVS should lower selling pressure and this combined with the strong improvements included in the new Tokenomics will grant XVS more value.

so could we vote on it to get it over with? Need VAI stability fee.

It’s the proposal I have been waiting for. Very important to reduce sales pressure on XVS tokens.