Fear and Greed in VAI Vegas

1.20 were almost reached on BSC too.
It’s hard to make any conclusion with VAI, it can be impacted by 4% with a few K$
As you quote says, I consider it irrational, but it won’t make any difference. And i’m out of busd to lower my breakeven.

:100: agree on that.

Really not sure who or what’s driving the market. With volume around $1 million a day anyone willing to pay a couple of thousand in fees can control the market.

1 Like

Intraday jump back from 1.20 to 1.13
VAI is still more volatile than it was before the fee were announced. This makes the pairing, even with BUSD or USDT, non profitable due to impermanent losses.

1 Like

Yep pretty crazy, maybe that’s the aim of moving the market like this.

Mint is still coming down at a good rate.

Maybe the Fib can tell us what the new price range will be.

As you can see 1.08 is an important level.

1 Like

I rebought half of my target in the [1.10-1.12] range, as a safety. If we get closer to 1.13 i’ll buy more. Maybe 1.15 was too optimistic (in the sense of low-priced VAI).

This level has been run so many times it’s always worth saving a bit of ammo.

Currently we are in an ascending triangle pattern, which is usually a continuation pattern, if it breaks it could be a good move back to near parity again.

On Binance only would like to see conformation on Pancakeswap also.

1 Like

I can’t, really can’t see those T.A. things as anything but pseudo science, sorry…
Triangles, candlesticks, Bollingers, fibo… Voodoo terms to me.

Did you ever read the source code of Duke Nukem 3D? An absolute mess, but compiles to a jewel. I’ll take your ad-VAI-ces this way: enjoy the final product, don’t look at what they’re made of :slight_smile:

I agree, more art than Science for sure, I do like looking at Volume and when it falls like this we usually see a violent move. We might go a couple more days like this but it is really low at the moment.

Then you have this address trading $0.06 at a time…

A badly configured arbi-bot?
Who knows, I observed so many odd strategies so far…

Looks like the 1.15 target for VAI is going away. No big deal, I averaged with opportunities over time (bought today @1.124 for example) and only a small part of my BUSD hasn’t been converted to VAI. Maybe I’ll stack it as-is, or buy some EUR, the rate is getting good.

1 Like

1.10+ is already good, having seen VAI pop back up from 0.84 to 1.20 I don’t take anything off the table.

I’m keeping some for a BUSD/DAI trade, seems to have a range going at 0.9995-1.005 yes not amazing, but can be quickly converted and used if VAI pops again.

You can also park it on Launchpad.

I agree with the EUR idea but think we may see more downside for the Eur 1.10 might be tested soon.

Quick glance at EUR/USD would suggest we may see some resistance a 1.11-1.12

1 Like

Correct it’s constantly moving in this range, possible to arb on Binance with zero fees, but it would be a slow yield, yet very safe.

1 Like

Slow yes but if you hit it everyday, you would get 36% annualised plus you can earn some carry while your waiting for the opp.

You also have the spike trade, where you can capture 0.25% moves, although I am seeing DAI trade less at a premium these days. Old Range used to be 0.9980 - 0.9995

1 Like

Playing with the spike works better on Kraken, I used to gamble the EUR/USD there. Look at the history of 2020 you’d be surprised. Spikes are rarer on Binance.

1 Like

That’s true, and it makes sense because Kraken has less liquidity

Have a look at USDT/USD for today.

1 Like

Good point. You can observe such oddities on a regular basis, even on stable/fiat pairs. I used them, then turned to VAI, because… yeah, VAI is so quaky.

1 Like

Even on XBT/USD they had a mini flash crash on the 21st of last month and that’s the most liquid can happen on any pair.

Got down around 54k when everywhere else was 60k

Yep drives me crazy at times but made some good gains on this wackjob of a coin

1 Like

Since we talked about it one month ago, I wanted to bet on the Kraken spikes again, as a test, and here’s the ending
krk

So it still somehow works, but it now takes 1 month to get a +1% spike, which is not really profitable, unless you get super lucky.