Venus tokenomics proposal

Terrence, despite asking for mods’ opinions on the matter, the team has ignored pretty much all the ideas from the feedback. From the feedback I listed 2 huge risks on cancelling VRT, which I would like to post it publicly and let all the community to read and reflect on, the first has already happened as predicted, and the second one will also happen in turn, with time progressing. Here is the copy & pasting from from the document I sent to Terrence on July 29th after admins and mods received the draft proposal from the team, which is exactly the same as the one posted.

THIS WILL BE A LONG READ BUT PLEASE GET TO THE BOTTOM FOR MATHS

VRT

VRT should take long-term development as the general direction, rather than completely abolishing the principal development.

The market risk of canceling VRT:

1. The credibility crisis of Venus and the collapse of the community: After the liquidation incident on May 19, 2021, confidence in Venus has been weak, especially those who have been liquidated, they no longer have XVS. For maintaining the long-term vigorous development of the community, now cannot withstand another blow. Personally would prefer to retain the first wave of pioneers who participated in rise BSC and enhance the community effect of both BSC and Venus. The team has the responsibility to listen to the demands of the community, especially when the community’s voting results are very obvious. Otherwise, it is likely to affect the market’s confidence in the effective governance of Venus Protocol, hence the governance value of XVS. From a market perspective, the selling pressure from the community is likely to significantly affect the value of XVS in the short term. The international community generally has great hopes for VRT. Failure to implement what the former team promised may lead to a credibility crisis. I personally suggest that the update focuses on re-exploring the possibilities of programming, not about cancellation or redemption. - END OF FEEDBACK

By pushing the tokenomics as is, the community push back since the announcement was astronomical, the damage to the Venus brand and Binance Smart Chain as a whole, by simply pushing an unfavoured proposal, especially a proposal that clearly lost the vote, has been significant.

NOW THAT THE FIRST OF THE TWO SITUATION HAS HAPPENED, LET’S MOVE ON TO THE SECOND ONE WITH NUMBERS NOW.

1. The continuous selling pressure brought to XVS by VRT swap and lock-up creates a potential psychological effect on future investors: The lock-up after the VRT purchase will release about 750,000 XVS to the market, which will affect the mentality of investors, plus the millions of XVS if VIP29 is implemented. XVS will face an additional burden lasting for 21-24 months. Although the quantity is still manageable, it still will affect the confidence of potential investor. If combining the effect with repurchase burning and dividends, the buyback and burn will not be as effective. The additional supply will have an impact on the value of XVS. - END OF FEEDBACK

AAVE’s average monthly revenue for June and July 2021 is $29 million, with $22 Billions in assets TVL, token utilization rate at 83%. Aave has been generating $0.1318 monthly revenue per $1000 assets. Venus currently has 36% token utilization rate for the past 2 months, which is a flat 47% less than Aave. Let’s assume we, Venus, have $5 Billion TVL in the near future. Let’s assume our revenue will be around $2 million per month, with 20+20% used as buyback & burn and vault, the monthly spending on buyback is $800,000, in reality because of jump rate model our revenue will be even less as Aave has reached the jump rate curve kink and receives a much higher interest income and Venus, on the other hand, with 36% token utilization rate will not reach a jump rate spike. At current price $35, amount of XVS bought back is around 22,500. If price of XVS token is $50, amount of XVS bought back is 16,000. Which one paper looks like an attractive incentive. If price of XVS token is at $100, amount of XVS bought back is 8,000.

Our current emission through vaults is 8,500 per day, 255,000 per month. VRT vault exchange rate releases 64500 XVS into the market per month. VIP-29, assuming the average release price for XVS to settle bad debt is at $100, releases 770,000 XVS into the market over 9 months, which is around 85,000 per month.

We are facing an emission of 404,500 per month in the coming year, and yet our revenue buyback model is buying back anywhere between 10,000 to 20,000 per month, which is 5% or less compared to the total emission.

The team is pushing an tokenomics that would not benefit either XVS holder or VRT holder, while sugar coating it by not providing adequate mathematical calculations and market projections.

Without VRT replacing majority of daily emission for XVS, which is the biggest component of emission of XVS in the coming year, the tokenomics proposal hurts ALL token holders, regardless of whether we are a believer or single-token economy or dual-token economy.

With the implementation of VRT as rewards and slashing most of the supply of XVS through daily emission and keeping XVS emission low around 10 million, XVS has it’s highest potential fulfilled. Because of low XVS emission, buyback execution will have higher effect on the value of the token.

Let’s do a case study, MakerDAO has 8.3 Billion TVL right now at the moment the comment is written. The price of MKR token is $3131.50. The circulating supply is 991328 and there is no emission. By keeping XVS token supply around 10 million through low emission and effective buybacks, theoretically when Venus TVL reaches 8.3 Billion, the price of XVS token is at $313.

Of course market has a lot of variants and the case of MakerDAO and MKR token cannot be exactly replicated for Venus and XVS token. However, we can have an expected range of $200-$400 for the Venus token with it’s superior tokenomics compared to MKR token. The only way to achieve it, is to have a low XVS emission through VRT, and a vibrant community that trusts the team and is self-starting to promote the project for the project.

11 Likes

No doubt you are exposing community thinking. I hope the decision maker reads your article. That’s what will make venus big again

1 Like

I Agree with any proposal good for Venus. Just do it instead of ony draft and do not do anythings like proposal 1 , 2, 3

Please share voice your opinion and share this on twitter too.

It’s time that the Venus team go into detail like this poster. Why is it that a community member can go into so much detail and yet the TEAM leading VENUS can’t even bother to go into detail as to WHY VRT isn’t a possibility?

2 Likes

Very big NO, No and NO.
Looks like new team is 0% concerned about huge cascaded loss ppl suffered. The lucky guys who saved their a$$ by selling right time now presenting Socoratic approaches and making fun of the guys who are in trouble right now. Please consider community emotions and include VRT and NFT in the main Venus ecosystem. This is totally unfair to negate the community sentiments and perspective and going with self made decissions.
&&&&&& last nail in coffin is to say again and again that this is a community led project and decentralized protocol.

2 Likes

hi,Marcus

Thank you for your long reply. Just like the content you sent me before, I have read this content completely.

I think this is what the community should look like. Everyone can express different opinions on the same thing, as long as the purpose is to make Venus better.

As you said, the new version of the Venus tokenomic plan solicited the opinions of mods before it was released, but the fact is not what you said: the plan did not adopt the suggestions of mods at all.

In the new version of the plan, we have made adjustments based on external opinions to make this plan more reasonable, but it does not contain your suggestions.

The reason why we did not adopt your opinion, I think it is necessary to reply one by one according to the content of your article above.

1.Your first point::Venus chooses to maintain the single token model of XVS and makes VRT to gradually fade away, which will affect Venus’ credibility and cause selling pressure on XVS.

It is the JL team`s idea to make Venus adopt the dual token model. As everyone knows, the team under his leadership has caused huge losses to all users of Venus, especially the holders of XVS. The previous team made many mistakes, and issuing VRT is one of them. The only way for the brand-new Venus to restore trust and return to growth is to do the right thing,but not sticking to the wrong decisions in the past,right?

As for you said that most of the community voted against Venus’s choice to focus on XVS. How do you count it? Do these objections really come from the holders of XVS or those who only hold VRT?

I believe you have the answer in your heart.

2.Your second point: The 750,000 XVS exchanged through VRT and the liquidation caused by the VIP29 proposal will cause selling pressure on XVS.

In fact, more XVS will be used to solve the mistakes made by the JL team in the past. This is what Venus must bear. If we cannot solve the problem of the shortfall, then Venus’s foundation as a trustworthy defi will be lost. But we are currently getting help from Binance, who promised to solve this problem through a professional trading team when the market conditions are better.

Only by solving the problems of the past can Venus get back on the road and become better.

Let’s think about it. Even if VRT is retained and VRT is used instead of XVS in emission, how to solve the new VRT dump pressure? Is it still necessary for Venus to allocate a portion of XVS’s income to buy back VRT? Wouldn’t the lost value of XVS cause new selling pressure on XVS?

1. Your third point:“AAVE’s average monthly revenue for June and July 2021 is $29 million, with $22 Billion in assets TVL, token utilization rate at 83%. Aave has been generating $0.1318 monthly revenue per $1000 assets. Venus currently has 36% token utilization rate for the past 2 months, which is a flat 47% less than Aave. ”

The above data on Aave is full of errors. I suspect that you don’t really know Aave, at least not as you think.

a.“AAVE’s average monthly revenue for June and July 2021 is $29 million.” That`s totally wrong. According to the financial report disclosed by Aave every week, its nearly nine weeks (that is, more than two months) protocol income is more than 5.51 million U.S. dollars. Not what you said: Its average income in July and August reached 29 million US dollars.

If you are interested in knowing, Aave’s interest income last week was $621,885, and this has been its best recent week. As shown below.

b.“(Aave is)with $22 Billions in assets TVL, token utilization rate at 83%.” Thats totally wrong again. TVL refers to “Total value locked”, not the total deposit amount. Aaves TVL right now is 12.7 billion but not 22 billion.

More importantly, according to the weekly report published by Aave itself, its token utilization rate is 43% instead of 83% as you said.

So how did you get your data?

Since your example is full of erroneous data, it is clear that you don’t understand Aave, and I think the your long calculation process and conclusions drawn from these wrong data are obviously not persuasive.

In the last part of your article, you repeated the benefits of replacing XVS with VRT, saying that this can solve the problem of dumping pressure. As I said before, to replace XVS with VRT, we still need to solve the problem of VRT selling pressure, and cause the diversion of income that should belong to XVS, which causes new selling pressure of XVS.

You haven’t talked about these key issues.

Thank you for your enthusiasm and suggestions, but sorry. I really did not see the reasonableness of your suggestion.

Please let us revert our attention to XVS.

8 Likes

It was not his opinion to keep VRT. It was the opinion of the majority of the community who have been asked to vote on the proposals.

And now you want to push your agenda against the will of the community? Please listen to the community and boost the confidence of the community by listening to them. If it is possible to implement VRT, do it and follow the communities choice.

2 Likes

You keep pressing on the “community” but why these external opinions only revolving around your team options (proposal #2), and what worst is with a lower ratio and a 12months vesting. Why i didn’t you asked for these external opinions before the draft the proposals YOURSELF after listening to community before putting it to vote?

Now into you points:

1. you blame it on the old team but keep present us the VRT whitepaper and vault/staking for VRT by the end of June till you decide to revoke tokenomic and asking for community opinions (which you discarded). More over, You already confirm that VRT will have a use case in Venus eco system, now you saying your buy back plan is the “use case” of VRT. Even now, your telegram still post the Roadmap + ama that including VRT in venus eco system every few hours, how is this not misleading?
    You present us the way to vote for the tokenomic and now you say that it is invalid, questioning the integrity of the vote when it goes against yours. Is this some kind of joke?
  2. Before you revoke tokenomic, people questioned the fate of VRT (which answered in the no1), no one force you to implement it. People could have dump it and moving on if you just said you wont support it. Instead you mislead us, people invested into VRT, and now when the price has been dragged into the ground you saying you’re doing us a favor by buying back with 1/12000 ratio and 12months vesting. No one asking for this.
  3. not my expertise so I wont commend on this. But with your counter argument about VRT selling pressure, why are you still draft the proposal #1 for us to vote?

p.s. Why is venus dont allow comment anymore on twitter? Why am I getting ban from ALL telegram channel for giving people link to proposal and simply asking for them to comment + share on twitter? this kind of censorship is worst than when SWIPE was in charge and it was infamous for censoring back then. Where is the transparency you promised us?
P. S. #2

now they even ban me from Venusbans too after tell me to appeal there.

4 Likes

This is wrong, you talk like having VRT was a crime and it’s not. It’s a token that had a defined use case and that has potential, this would reduce the damage that Venus did and that it didn’t. There was no team action to reset users. You talk like everything is where we are. But there’s not a lot of damage accumulated in everyone who’s here so do something about that loss. But don’t treat it as if the game is starting now. Whoever entered Venus is now laughing. But we are talking about those who suffer a huge loss and are being forgotten by the attitudes of the new Team

4 Likes

It is clear that keeping VRT in the system will be a pointless effort and will damage the platform in the long run. Unfortunately, VRT holders want the future of XVS and the entire Venus platform to be jeopardized for their own short-term earnings return.

I think the steps taken by the new team in this regard are wise and the new tokenomics is correct.

VRT fans should reconsider where JL’s empty suggestions have brought the platform and not expect the new team to continue it.

1 Like

I am not a big holder of VRT. I am more interested in XVS, but I would be more confident in XVS development with including VRT in the Venus ecosystem.

2 Likes

it seems the xvs doesnot need a team ,only binance.

1 Like

All i wanna from the Council is a proof why VRT cant be at Venus and assume its rols… Venus reward token, as previous team left a lot usecases without removing the governance at Venus. The last excuse were about liquidity, all new coins listing are getting their collateral based on those, oracle cant use VRT- it were what you told us, but the thing is we can start with 1% colateral fator… as i know the person who attacked Venus still has XVS soo anytime he can dump them at the market making once again cascating liquidations.
In last cenario we can have a vrt single vault at Venus alllowing stakeholders to earn some aPY, and create a lotery system for ir… instead going against community voice. The new team did put VRT at Venus as well… even not liking it since the begining they had open mind… I dont see why we cant have dual token at Venus at all… and i do wonder what made the Council think vrt holders wanna swap their token for 1-12000 when the last offer were 1-9000 and we did rejected it…

Dual token were welcomed from the community once last team talked about it, Council is taking decision about Vrt because you dont wanna extra work or arent able to code the extras stuff community is asking? Dont come say its a decision from the community because it isnt, I do wonder why Binance doesnt care about the community voice… or the new council or whatever you wanna to call… When the new team assumed they marketing as community decisions not individual … and well keeping forward with this is cleary this isnt a Defi project and a Cefi…

Last how can we be assured, in the event of the proposal go ahead that we will have the 1-12000 swap assured? Because soo far one day is one thing and other day is other thing, soo unless there are warranties about this swap… its just words,… the same words that confirmed VRT TO BE AT VENUS.

4 Likes

Since it is for long-term benefits, please cancel the lock.For long-term benefits, let XVS holders lock up their positions for 12 months.

1 Like

How can the community vote if we cant do it as our coins are staked… such a decision should go for voting proposals soo we would see the xvs community to vote… but let me guess this will be allowed after bruteforce the proposal the same way as vip29… a lot sugestions sent to not use XVS… would give some work and would require binance help as well… but guess what it does cost a lot work and the new team dont wanna it… more work…

1 Like

they are from Binance. And don’t forget the way to vote for tokenomic is chosen and presented by them, dont give them leeway with the staked XVS excuse. They said vXVS isnt allowed to vote yet because of the borrowed XVS but XVS borrowing was caped at 450k, after they took over it’s at 2mil last time i checked and there’s no explanation for this from them.

1 Like

Three months have passed, please don’t waste time on vrt issues.

Others are developing fast, we are still arguing about vrt all the time.

Do you want to argue vrt in 2022?
Don’t complicate simple problems
The simpler the plan, the faster the development of Venus

Those who want to keep vrt are selfish people, if you are good for Venus, you should support this plan.

Don’t just look at the small profits of vrt, think about the rewards of the rapid development of xvs

If Venus can recover quickly, none of this is a problem.

In difficult times, you don’t need too many community voices to waste time.

Let the team do it!

6 Likes

According to the current human and material resources, in order to take care of vrt and nft, the development of the whole project will be very slow. Is this what you want?

The market waits for no one, we don’t have so much time

1 Like

dont waste our time with creating with workspace for VRT. vrt is a burden on venus back.actually the suggestion is good in vrt owners.if the xvs price increases, the swap price of the vrt will also increase. maybe the lock time can be reduced. please be quick for development. go for it venus

2 Likes