Idea: Make it easier to become a liquidator

TL:DR version:
Another project on BSC (don’t) know if I am allowed to post the name here has a section on its homepage that allows users (that don’t know how to interact with a smart contract themselfes) to liquidate underwater positions via the main pages GUI. I don’t know if this topic was raised before and I am not really good at english, so I wouldn’t want to write a proposal or something like that… But I am interested in feedback concerning the idea as such.

Good Day everyone,

I have read the fantastic Liquidation Guide on Venus Protocol by XENEIZEP2P

and I came across the section
Can I be a liquidator?

and the corresponding answer:
Yes, anyone can be a liquidator. You only need to know how to interact with the function corresponding to the vToken smart contract, find a person in a liquidation position, BNB to pay for the gas fee of the network, and money to pay the loan. Bots are often programmed to do this in a few seconds, so manual settlement, while not impossible, is often difficult (although it can be attempted).

As I don’t know how to “interact with the function corresponding to the vToken smart contract, find a person in a liquidation position” I was wondering if this could get easier for the “average Joe”

Another project on BSC (don’t) know if I am allowed to post the name here has a section on its homepage that allows users (that don’t know how to interact with a smart contract themselfes) to liquidate underwater positions via the main pages GUI. I don’t know if this topic was raised before and I am not really good at english, so I wouldn’t want to write a proposal or something like that… But I am interested in feedback concerning the idea as such.

Kind regards
Hiromatsu

The team can design a liquidation GUI for normal users to use, the problem is if they want
to do that, if someone wants to share these profits with normal users.

Interesting question that you are raising. Never thought about it that way. Well we do not know who those liquidators are, but what we know is that they are few and you often see the same contract adresses when scrolling through the liquidations.
When I saw the sudden drops of XVS today I was thinking: Probably some liquidators that are liquidating xvs positions and then dump the xvs to the market to max their profits.

And I was thinking: Would those dips be as vicious if the positions would be liquidated by the community (because I would liquidate a XVS / BUSD position, but not necessarily dump it on the market, because I want to accumulate as much xvs as I can.

P.S.: Pretty silent community board isn’t it?

1 Like

hi friend which site to find and settle? I have a programmer friend, we can share these ideas

Hey there,

have a look here:

This is what most people will answer if you ask how to become a liquidator.

I have tried to go through the article and its all pretty “understandable”, but I totally lack programming skills so there is no way for me to adapt this to BSC.
I think I wouldn’t even manage to get this going on Ethereum.

I habe found another project on GitHub (more advanced, but also just for ETH)

If you friend manages to programm a bot: I would gladly pay for a working bot.

But ultimatly I would love the developers to develop an UI for everybody, just like For.tube, Alpha-Homora-BSC and mcl.multiplier.finance have already done it.