Draft VIP-XX TBD Support TrueUSD (TUSD)

Summary

Support TrueUSD (TUSD) on the Venus Protocol

Abstract

What is TrueUSD?

TrueUSD (TUSD) is the first independently-verified digital asset redeemable 1-for-1 for US Dollars. The ERC20 stablecoin uses multiple banks, escrow accounts, and third-party attestations to reduce counterparty risk, provide transparency, and prevent fraud.

TrueUSD is the first asset token built by the TrustToken team and offers liquidity on dozens of leading exchanges, DeFi protocols, and is supported by major OTC desks. TUSD also supports nearly instant minting and redemption speeds through various partners.

TrueUSD users also enjoy direct-to-bank redemption through an easy to remember 5-character TUSD Redemption Address.

TrueUSD is currently available on the following blockchains:

-Ethereum (TUSD on ERC-20)
-Tron (TrueUSD on TRC-20)
-Binance Chain (TUSDB on BEP-2)
-Binance Smart Chain (TrueUSD on BEP20)
(0x14016e85a25aeb13065688cafb43044c2ef86784)

With a current circulating supply of over 1.53B TUSD and, as the leading decentralized marketplace for Lenders and Borrowers on the Binance Smart Chain, we believe it is important to add a new opportunity for TUSD holders to access our instant liquidity money markets while also giving our existing users access to new opportunities .

14 Likes

TUSD is good. My only concern is that too many assets on Venus will dilute APYs. Current APY is so low, add more cryptos will make it lower.

So, delist SXP or lower SXP APY before adding any new asset pls!

2 Likes

+1 vote from me. Let’s make XVS Great again!

+1 TUSD is good, it adds value to VENUS

I agree. Delist SXP to wipe clean the whole joselito team. SXP printed free XVS and VRT, which they are now staking and bleeding the program with. The program wont be free and clear until XVS borrowing is done and SXP is gone.

2 Likes

+1 vote from me… we need to get the best players in Venus platform.

+1 I support this proposal

Well i still believe we are missing two gold opportunities… DASH, ZEN wich has huge communities around them… besides all new extra liquidity that they would bring as well…we really need VRT listed but as it wont happen shortly others coins makes a lot sense… but we need to add more coins at once… to allow us to grow faster… I hope we get a dual proposal or even with more coins to be listed at Venus… being for now TUSD, MATIC, CAKE.

1 Like

putting another stable asset as collateral is pointless. They should add Cake which adds value to the project and is also from the same network.