Draft VIP-31 Support Polygon (MATIC)

Sumary

Support Polygon (MATIC) on the Venus Protocol.

Abstract

A poll for the addition of new currencies to the protocol was recently conducted on our twitter account and the first-place winner is POLYGON (MATIC). We are proposing to support MATIC in Venus Protocol Markets.

As per our risk assessment, we are proposing the following metrics:

Collateral factor: 60%

Reserve factor: 20%

Daily XVS (supply): 25 XVS

Daily XVS (borrow): 25 XVS

Supply limit: No limit

Borrow limit: 10MM $

Venus risk assessment model is following the same practice as Aave risk assessment framework which can be studied here: https://docs.aave.com/risk/asset-risk/risks-per-asset and methodology here: Methodology - Risk

What Is Polygon (MATIC)?

Polygon (previously Matic Network) is the first well-structured, easy-to-use platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its core component is Polygon SDK, a modular, flexible framework that supports building multiple types of applications.

The $MATIC token will continue to exist and will play an increasingly important role, securing the system and enabling governance.

Polygon (formerly Matic Network) is a Layer 2 scaling solution backed by Binance and Coinbase. The project seeks to stimulate mass adoption of cryptocurrencies by resolving the problems of scalability on many blockchains.

7 Likes

:fire::fire::fire::heart::heart::heart:

A quick response to the community’s request…thanks

1 Like

As per our risk assessment

Where is the Matic risk analysis details?

A poll for the addition of new currencies to the protocol was recently conducted on our twitter account

???twitter account??? Why? are you serious?

Collateral factor: 60%

How did you get it?why not is 55%?

Borrow limit: 10MM $

What‘s that MM $ mean?are you serious?

Or you think you have better risk control than AAVE?

Matic in AAVE only have 50% LTV!!!

Quick response is very good, we need to see more new draft, come on

3 Likes

Im fed up with the complaining people, always complaining at any step of the new team… guys you annoying me how negativ can you be?
The new team communicated more in the last days with community than swipe team did before for month. And they suggested few things that are not that bad… so chill and give them time to see what will come….
Keep on building team…:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Polygon Matic token has good liquidity everywhere, I support this proposal.

2 Likes

I think Venus Collateral factor=60% is the same as AAVE Liquidation threshold (65%).
As i understand Venus don’t has Maximum LTV in smart contracts or it the same as Collateral factor.
By the way Maximum LTV can be emulated via UI, isn’t it ?

These are different things, if AAVE only allow 50% LTV, then Venus better use 50% Venus Collateral factor.
Venus didn’t have LTV, then the Collateral factor=LTV.

By the way Maximum LTV can be emulated via UI, isn’t it ?

It can’t.

But in AAVE it possible to make higher colliteral factor then displayed Maximum LTV. At least with smart-contracts. I made it. For DAI possible to make 78% position with Maximum LTV=75% and Liquidation factor=80%

Possible is danger, risk control is the first thing in Venus.

We allowed the “possible” last time, then we must face the result of bad debt now.