A proposal to increase the supply and borrow caps of WBETH.
CurrentSupplyCap- the current supply cap configured for the asset
ExtremeLiquidationAmount- the amount eligible for liquidation given an extreme drop in the asset price using Chaos Labs’ Risk Explorer. We define the “extreme drop” for different market cap classes as follows:
- Small Cap (<$2B) - 50% drop
- Medium Cap ($2B-$20B) - 35% drop
- Large Cap (>$20B) and Stables- 15% drop
MaxAmountLiquidated- the maximum amount that can be liquidated while keeping the slippage below the Liquidation Penalty
- Evaluate the
This ratio represents how many times the
ExtremeLiquidationAmount can be profitably liquidated had it all been liquidated at once. Requiring 90% of an asset’s liquidated amount will be liquidated at once is a defensive approach and can be set differently given changing risk appetites.
R = min(ExtremeProfitableLiquidationRatio, 2)
RecommendedSupplyCap = CurrentSupplyCap * R
- The above assumes that additional supply and borrow amounts will be distributed similarly to the current supply and borrowing activity.
- To accommodate for unexpected borrower and market behavior, we provide an upper bound of
2*CurrentSupplyCapon the increase in supply caps.
- To prevent over-concentration of a token’s on-chain liquidity on Venus, we cap the supply of each token at 50% of its total circulating supply on a given network.
- We recommend waiting at least two weeks between consecutive recommendations for a single asset to analyze suppliers’ and borrowers’ behavior.
- For simplicity, we will round the recommended numbers to the nearest round number.
Please note that while setting supply and borrow caps, we also take into account additional factors. These include the total on-chain supply of the asset, redemption process (where applicable), oracle setup, and the potential for price manipulation and long/short attacks, all of which could influence our recommendations.
Given the calculation below, our methodology allows for increasing the supply cap of WBETH to 8,000, doubling the current supply.
|Current Supply Cap||Extreme Liquidation Amount (WBETH)||Max Amount Liquidated (WBETH)||R||Recommended Supply Cap|
Additionally, given the current utilization of the borrow cap, we recommend increasing it by 2X to 1,100.
|Current Supply Cap||Recommended Supply Cap||Current Borrow Cap||Recommended Borrow Cap|