Add support for LDO on Venus Ethereum

Gm Venus fam. In reply to a proposal made several weeks ago for Venus to support LIDO’s wstETH token as collateral on Venus, I am proposing adding support for LDO, the governance token of Lido as a collateral asset on Venus as well.

Motivation

LDO is the governance token of Lido DAO and is sitting at a market cap of USD $3.0B at the time of this writing and sits at the #41 spot in market cap value based on Coingecko. (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/lido-dao).

With the launch of Venus protocol on Ethereum mainnet, LDO as a collateral asset on Venus would seem like a good opportunity for LDO governance token holders to collateralize their LDO and take on leverage with it.

LDO is currently available as a collateral asset on other money markets such as Aave. Listing LDO as a collateral asset on Venus would mean that Venus is one of the only few available money markets on-chain that has LDO as a collateral asset.

Background

LDO is the governance token of Lido Protocol, family of open-source peer-to-system software tools deployed on Ethereum and Polygon. The protocol is mainly known for enabling users to stake their tokens with validators, allowing them to receive rewards from validation activities on the blockchain while using the token in a liquid manner in various capacities.

The LDO token was minted on 17th December 2020 and represents governance Lido Protocol. To date, the Lido on Ethereum smart contract accounts for approximately 32% of all staked Ether and has $21.9b in Total Value Locked (TVL) on the protocol.

Benefits

Given that LDO is a fairly liquid asset, on both CEXes and even on-chain, getting it up as a collateral on the isolated markets could help holders of the token be more capital efficient. This is beneficial as it increases liquidity access for token holders.

On mainnet, the Uniswap v3 pool with the highest liquidity can facilitate swaps and in turn liquidations of LDO with a +2 -2% depth of approximately $200k. This should be sufficient on-chain liquidity to support any case of liquidations.

Summary

This proposal outlines the value of bringing LDO as a collateral asset on Venus, which mainly are to capture value from LDO holders on Venus and unlock capital efficiency for holders of the LDO token.

9 Likes

Let’s do it. Of course I support this

1 Like

Finally this ones will make venus great again lfg

1 Like

:dizzy: We continue to expand markets, now with the Lido DAO tokens that will allow greater options for investors as well as profitability

1 Like

I totally support it! A big step!

1 Like

Create an attractive market!

1 Like

I support this proposal! Very good markets!

1 Like

Yep this collab is DOPE, it looks like Ethereum launch will be EPIC! Do not miss it guys!

1 Like

awesom danny and Venus!! I support this proposal without question, it would be great to introduce more crypto assets into the Venus protocol.

1 Like

one hundred percent in favor! this will be good for Venus

1 Like

That will be Fantastic!!!

1 Like