Proposal: DeFireX stuck money - recovery - help needed from the Venus community & team

Yes, the proposal is by DeFireX team and the issue is created on Github by the DFX dev, Venus devs are looking at it, examining but there should be no risks involved since the change is affecting only contract with stuck funds, nothing else is there. Also there is an audit of the proposal happening atm. I guess there is no other way to get those stuck user funds back unfortunately =(( (if there is please share, we just need to get peoples money back, nothing more).
Human error during migration.

1 Like

External audit of the proposal is done and handed over to Venus team, no security issues found. We hope DeFireX users will be able to get their funds back finally soon :pray:. In Venus community and team we trust.

I don’t understand this part here… All the best to the DeFireX project and the people who have lost their money - but this has nothing to do with Venus at all.

2 Likes

Thank You for the words of support to the team and the people. We found ourselves in a very difficult situation. As for Venus, the situation is that the money is on the balance of our smart contract in V tokens. Access to smart contract management was lost due to a technical error.

You may check proposal and new v-token implementation here Contract Address 0xde582596e0afcd2f33894a38d549c0d95a703c05 | BscScan

This proposal affects only the address of our smart contract, without affecting the rest, it transfers tokens from the smart contract to the smart contract owner. The approval of the proposal will allow people to receive their funds back.

The proposal and implementation code was reviewed by Pessimistic team: Security Review of Venus Proposal from DeFireX - HackMD

4 Likes

Since stuck tokens are v tokens they can be released/unlocked only through Venus governance, see the message from DFX dev above and the proposal/issue on github - Governance Proposal: Unlock user funds in vBUSD and vUSDT · Issue #45 · VenusProtocol/venus-protocol · GitHub

2 Likes

AFAIK Binance is ready to support the proposal as soon as the Venus dev team confirms it is safe and the proposal is out (external audit is out already). If DeFireX needs to change it according to Venus devs, it can and will be done, no problem here. Once again, the goal here is to get users funds back as soon as possible as safely as possible, nothing more.

2 Likes

I think that Venus is using very bad behavior with her partners and also with investors and that she does not respect the ethics from which it was born.Continuing on this path their project will lose credibility. I hope that the defirex pool problem is solved and that our money is finally released.

6 Likes

How did they get stuck?

1 Like

Contract was upgraded to temporary implementation that can’t withdraw the funds. It was OK.
But later we lose the possibility of upgrade it to new version because of changing Proxy owner to implementation.

Unfortuanly there are no other ways to return funds.

Added 2021-05-24
Dear Joselito. Can we count on your help? Our team asks you to pay attention to our proposal. We managed to communicate with many people of the Venus team. But without your direct support, they cannot help us. @joselito

1 Like

Hey guys! I’m so sorry it has taken us such a long time to answer but rest assured we (Venus & DeFireX) are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We are in a transition period on the Venus side but, rest assured both projects are working together to get this resolved as soon as possible in the best interests of our users and ecosystem! Do keep in mind that our own team has to run all the necessary checks and security audits. Our new team has a backlog but we will get there!

5 Likes

Great news! I already thought I couldn’t wait for this to happen and I could get my money back.

2 Likes

Thanks @Danny for this positive response. Like many other people, I have quite a lot of money locked in this smart contract. It would be just awesome if venus team could help us get our funds back.

2 Likes

:pray: thank you Denny for this update. We are patiently waiting.

2 Likes

It is very encouraging that the respected community has started to solve this problem! I was stuck with a very significant amount and it was painful to watch as time passes and there is no reaction! I look at the actions of the teams with great hope and hope that a solution will be found as soon as possible

1 Like

Great news!
I have been waiting for a solution to the issue with the smart contract for a long time.
I hope you will be able to help the team in the near future

1 Like

Hey Danny! Please tell us any news…I have already lost faith in the solution of the problem.

2 Likes

The Venus team is working on it. It’s in the pipeline. We have a lot of upgrades to do on Venus as well so that’s why it takes some time. Don’t lose faith.

4 Likes

Good to know. Although i am not invested in Defirex. I empathize those who have lock their funds in Venus platform.

1 Like

Hi guys, just a quick update, The team told me we can target to conclude a solution in August and release the stuck funds within Q3!

4 Likes